Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vishnu Viswanath <vi...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/01 10:20:49 UTC

Re: block replication

thanks Hardik,

I did a bit of reading on 'stale' state in HDFS-3703 it says stale state
as  a state that is between dead and alive.
And that the value for marking a node as dead is 10.30 minutes.
But can this be configured?

Please help.

Re: Re: block replication

Posted by chenfolin <ch...@jd.com>.
Hi,

Vishnu Viswanath:

10.30 minutes = 2 * (conf.getInt("dfs.namenode.heartbeat.recheck-interval" , 5*60*1000 )) + 10 * 1000 * conf.getInt("dfs.heartbeat.interval",3);

You must configure "dfs.heartbeat.interval" and "dfs.namenode.heartbeat.recheck-interval".

2014-01-01

chenfolin

Re: Re: block replication

Re: Re: block replication