Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Marvin Toll <Ma...@gtcGroup.com> on 2016/02/23 05:37:21 UTC

CdiRunner --> Rule

DeltaSpike Colleagues,

We haven't shared this until now. since there was not a lot to talk about
until it was working.

Ford has partnered with an Open Source team to utilize a 100% rule-based
testing approach that wraps JUnit 4. As part of this effort, the CdiRuner
was mostly eliminated in favor of a JstConfigureCdiForMethodRule Rule:

http://ped.gtcgroup.com/_jst_configure_cdi_for_method_rule_8java_source.html

A light weight JstSatisfyAnnotationOnTestMethodRunner runner does remain if
required:

http://ped.gtcgroup.com/_jst_satisfy_annotation_on_test_method_runner_8java_
source.html

The Open Source project is called Justify at:

          http://pedcentral.com/hands-on/justify/

Any thoughts or feedback are welcomed.

_Marvin

RE: CdiRunner --> Rule

Posted by Marvin Toll <Ma...@gtcGroup.com>.
John – thanks for your pre-release comments:

1)    The GA release is pending, probably early next week.  We are in the final stages of testing at Ford.  At that time we will publish to Maven Central.

2)    There is a QuickStart page http://pedcentral.com/hands-on/justify/justify-quickstart/ that includes access to ~200 tests

3)    We will be expanding on the “Sample” project you see if using the “QuickStart” – for now, check out the “justify-test” project

_Marvin

Posted by Marvin Toll <Ma...@gtcGroup.com>.
Gerhard,

The value proposition for Justify goes beyond what any one technology can deliver.  For example - https://deltaspike.apache.org/documentation/test-control.html#Usingjersey-testwithtest-control

We found additional clashes between various technologies.

In addition, there is the underlying philosophical position, “real” vs. “mocks”, represented by JUST [ http://pedcentral.com/principles/junit-testing/ ].  That is, we are not simply peddling a technology but seeking to influence approach.

_Marvin

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi @ all,

Re: CdiRunner --> Rule