Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Leander Melms <Me...@students.uni-marburg.de> on 2017/03/03 22:24:22 UTC

Initialization of annotator class "org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.ae.DefaultJCasTermAnnotator" failed

Hi,

I've been trying for hours to debug the error Initialization of annotator class "org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.ae.DefaultJCasTermAnnotator" failed (The full output is attached below).

I'm running cTAKES 3.2.3 using Java8. With the help and efforts of the community (Joyce and Sean M.), I was able to update the Spring framework to get cTAKES running with Java 8. I've installed YTEX too.

I'm trying to run the umls fast lookup from the command line - specifically with as a rest server (https://github.com/dirkweissenborn/ctakes-server <https://github.com/dirkweissenborn/ctakes-server>). I believe the error has nothing todo with the github repo, nor with the packaging using Java 8.

The AggregatePlainText AE works great; the only issue is that it can't find org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.ae.DefaultJCasTermAnnotator for some reason. All resources are present. There is no extra space in <implementationName>org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.concept.UmlsJdbcConceptFactory</implementationName>.

I'm really stuck here and I have no idea, how I can investigate further / debug this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Leander

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Initialization of annotator class "org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.ae.DefaultJCasTermAnnotator" failed.  (Descriptor: file:/Users/leandermelms/coding/ctakes-server/desc/ctakes-dictionary-lookup-fast/desc/analysis_engine/UmlsLookupAnnotator.xml)
	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:252)
	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initialize(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:156)
	at org.apache.uima.impl.AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.produceResource(AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.java:94)
	at org.apache.uima.impl.CompositeResourceFactory_impl.produceResource(CompositeResourceFactory_impl.java:62)
	at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:269)
	at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFramework.java:387)
	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.asb.impl.ASB_impl.setup(ASB_impl.java:254)
	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.initASB(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:431)
	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAggregateAnalysisEngine(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:375)
	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.initialize(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:185)
	at org.apache.uima.impl.AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.produceResource(AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.java:94)
	at org.apache.uima.impl.CompositeResourceFactory_impl.produceResource(CompositeResourceFactory_impl.java:62)
	at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:269)
	at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFramework.java:354)
	at de.dfki.lt.ctakes.Server$.main(Server.scala:35)
	at de.dfki.lt.ctakes.Server.main(Server.scala)
	at org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.ae.AbstractJCasTermAnnotator.initialize(AbstractJCasTermAnnotator.java:129)
	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:250)
	... 15 more