Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Jean-Philippe Caruana <je...@orange-ftgroup.com> on 2010/05/07 12:08:36 UTC

release task

Hi,

I tried to run the release task on my project, but it doesn't work as
*I*  would expect.
In our team, we usually don't do any SNAPSHOT version, but several
'release candidate' before going to the integration environnement. This
phase is mandatory since we cannot test everything and we need to check
with cell-phones how our services works.

So, for the next version, let's call it 2.0.0, we will do several -rc
versions : 2.0.0-rc1, 2.0.0-rc2, 2.0.0-rc3 etc... and then the final
2.0.0 version.

I tried to do my 2.0.0-rc1, but buildr war doing 2.0.0 only. (I didn't
really understood how Buildr/core/buildr/with_release_candidate_version
works but split('-') is pretty clear)

How can I do what I want ?

Also, I would like to have interractive dialog when I do a release, for
instance :
"current version is 2.0.0-rc2, what is your new version ?"
Is that possible ?

Thanks

-- Jean-Philippe Caruana
********************************
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
confidentiels et etablis a l'attention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. Multimedia Business Services decline
toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme
ou falsifie.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire
immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur.
*********************************
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or
dissemination is prohibited.
Messages are susceptible to alteration. Multimedia Business Services shall not be liable for the
message if altered, changed or falsified.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it
immediately and inform the sender..
********************************

Re: release task

Posted by Jean-Philippe Caruana <je...@orange-ftgroup.com>.
Le 07/05/2010 17:59, Antoine Toulme a écrit :
> 1. file a bug please
okay : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-436

tell me if the patch showing the issue is ok

-- Jean-Philippe Caruana

********************************

Re: release task

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
Thanks! Yes, we need to make this very specific to your build. Monkey
patching is fine for now, but we will let people implement strategies.

Re: release task

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
We now have a weekly build for the website.

The page is available here:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/buildr/job/Buildr-website-build/2/artifact/_site/releasing.html

<http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/buildr/job/Buildr-website-build/2/artifact/_site/releasing.html>The
style is off and needs to be adjusted. I'll try to proofread it before we
release.

Thanks,

Antoine

Re: release task

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: release task

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: release task

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: release task

Posted by Jean-Philippe Caruana <je...@orange-ftgroup.com>.
Hi,

Re: release task

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
1. I think we should encourage people to have their own policy for version
naming. Most of the time using the incremental approach is fine, but for
releasing, they may want to pass a promoting version fragment (if you look
at Eclipse, it's pretty hard to have that behavior, they have nightly
builds, milestone builds, release builds, and the version is
[N|I|M|R]-v#{timestamp}).

Re: release task

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: release task

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: release task

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
Hmm...

Re: release task

Posted by Jean-Philippe Caruana <je...@orange-ftgroup.com>.

Re: release task

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
I would set the version explicitly in the Buildfile, commit, do buildr
release, etc.
I might be missing something, I'm not too familiar with RCs in Buildr.

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 03:11, Jean-Philippe Caruana <

Re: release task

Posted by Jean-Philippe Caruana <je...@orange-ftgroup.com>.