Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Sanjay Goel <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/18 09:28:06 UTC

Validator Question

Hi,
I have a validation of 2 fields of my form. Currently I have written it in
javascript as:

        if(prg.value == "ARH" && educationLevel.value != "MFA"){
            return false;
        }

Does commons validator has any predefined validator that can take care of
this type of case for both client and server side?

Also, I can't find any good documentation of commons validation on the net
other than the apidocs on the commons validator site. If there is any good
documentation available, can somebody point me to that.

Thanks
Sanjay Goel
http://sanjaygoel.blogspot.com

Re: Validator Question

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 18, 2007 8:28 AM, Sanjay Goel <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a validation of 2 fields of my form. Currently I have written it in
> javascript as:
>
>         if(prg.value == "ARH" && educationLevel.value != "MFA"){
>             return false;
>         }
>
> Does commons validator has any predefined validator that can take care of
> this type of case for both client and server side?

Commons validator has nothing that handles this. Struts has a couple
of validators (requiredif, validwhen) that does server side only.

Niall