Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Mihai Soloi <mi...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/16 17:53:12 UTC

Regarding GSOC 2012

Hello,

I am Mihai Soloi, a masters student from Romania, i intend to
participate in this year's GSoC as a student for Apache WHIRR.

I have been following the wiki [1] in order to build and set up my
workspace environment in Eclipse and have looked at the mails on your
mail archives and also the JIRA issues page and found [2].

I have experience with developing java projects both enterprise and
standard, and am a certfied java programmer. My masters is in the domain
of Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems at the Politehnica
University of Bucharest, I have a passion for working with distributed
applications. I would love to work on this project with someone's guidance.

Looking forward to being part of this community.

Thank you in advance,
Mihai Soloi

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WHIRR/How+To+Contribute#HowToContribute-Gettingthesourcecode
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-529?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel#issue-tabs

Re: Regarding GSOC 2012

Posted by Rodrigo Duarte <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mihai,

I'm also planning to submit a proposal for Whirr, I think that would be
great if we split our efforts into different ideas, or even this one that
you listed, maybe it has scope for more than 1 proposal (can anyone clarify
this?).

What do you think?

Cheers,

--