Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dave M <co...@hotmail.com> on 2006/09/06 00:14:05 UTC

Maven Respository Question

i'm pretty new to maven (using maven2) and am evaluating its use within our
organization.

i saw a warning in some of my builds today that said it couldn't find the
pom file in the axis - axis-jaxrpc/1.4 directory.  so, i browsed around some
of the repositories (both our local mavenproxy as well as
ibiblio.org/maven2).  1.4 doesn't have a pom file, but 1.3 does.

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/axis/axis-jaxrpc/1.3/

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/axis/axis-jaxrpc/1.4/

it seems to be a reoccurring theme...looking around shows some with pom's
and some without.

i'm trying to find some material indicating whether or not they are required
and, if they are, why are there so many listings in the repository without
pom files?

thanks in advance.