Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "tlecavel.ml" <tl...@laposte.net> on 2005/11/23 17:14:08 UTC

Maven for enterprise projects

Hello,

I'm collecting some informations about Maven 1.1 and its usage
for large project, involving a teen workers team.

I see the advantages of Maven for building and releasing
versions of the project, but I don't see anywhere if each
developer must have a local copy of Maven running on his
workstation to work, and when (and how) they must commit their
work to the "main" repository.

Could you give me some hints? Do you know a good document
about usage of Maven in a team work?

Thanks by advance.

-- Tom

RE: Maven for enterprise projects

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.
These days, the IDE tends to do the ongoing work.  For my current project (about 25 developers in our location, about 75 total with other locations), individual developers do not run Maven.  A couple will, but for working on docs published with Maven, such as FAQ and other pages, before checking them in.