Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by "Sergio de A.Gonzalez" <se...@mac.com.INVALID> on 2020/03/17 15:51:51 UTC

Apache and netbeans

Dear all,
I am new to Netbeans and starting to learn Java.

I am trying to install Netbeans and Tomcat on my Apple/Catalina computer.

Every time I start Tomcat it says it can’t start.  I have try everything and look everywhere but with no success.

I can see that Tomcat is running when I start it on my browser and then I shutdown it and wait for Netbeans start it, but no success.

Can anyone help me?

Sergio

Sergio de A.Gonzalez

Re: Apache and netbeans in Mac OS

Posted by "Sergio de A.Gonzalez" <se...@mac.com.INVALID>.
Hi there,

I made an Hello Word index.jsp to try Tomcat with Netbeans (12 Beta).

All went good and fine.

I am learning Java, so as soon I make another projects I will keep you updated.

Again, thank you, very, very much.
Sergio

Re: Apache and netbeans Feedback

Posted by "Sergio de A.Gonzalez" <se...@mac.com.INVALID>.
Hi there,
Today, during a training I tried to create a new project, I ‘ve got an error.

A java.lang.NullPointerException exception has occurred.
Please report this at https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues,

Thanks,

Re: Apache and netbeans

Posted by "Sergio de A.Gonzalez" <se...@mac.com.INVALID>.
Thank you very much.

Re: Apache and netbeans

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Follow-on:

The inability to delete app.xml from
%CATALINA_HOME%\conf\Catalina\localhost does not appear to be a problem
with the Apache Tomcat 7.0.103 release candidate and Apache NetBeans
12.0-beta 1.

File permissions appear to be the same between my directory structures
(7.0.94 and 7.0.103).

ProjectName->Clean does remove
%CATALINA_HOME%\conf\Catalina\localhost\app.xml when running with Apache
NetBeans 11.1 (where the Apache Tomcat version is 7.0.94). I do have
nb-javac installed on Apache NetBeans 11.1.

I apologize for my earlier message where I set the path as %TOMCAT_HOME%
rather than %CATALINA_HOME%.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/

Re: Apache and netbeans

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache and netbeans

Posted by "Sergio de A.Gonzalez" <se...@mac.com.INVALID>.
I am running Mac OS Catalina.

Re: Apache and netbeans

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: Apache and netbeans

Posted by James Gosling <ja...@norquay.com>.
> On Mar 17, 2020, at 10:23 AM, Sergio de A.Gonzalez <se...@mac.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Which version of Java, Netbeans and Tomcat should I install to work well on macOS Catalina.

I use the “corretto” build of JDK11 - it’s what Amazon uses on its production servers, so it’s heavily QAd.  If you have homebrew installed on Catalina, this should work:

brew cask install corretto

Re: Apache and netbeans

Posted by "Sergio de A.Gonzalez" <se...@mac.com.INVALID>.

Re: Apache and netbeans