Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Bhupesh Ravish <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/05 22:21:00 UTC

JSPWiki - new Page

Hello Guys,

I have started using JSPWiki, and got stuck with a problem, I could not find
a way to create new pages. Can anyone help me in this.

--
Thanks n Regards
Bhupesh Ravish

Re: JSPWiki - new Page

Posted by Mike Morris <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 6 May 2010 16:07, Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can easily create a new page in JSPWiki like this:
> 1. Enter the name of the new page in the quick navigation field.
> 2. Click the *Edit* button in the drop-down box.

Call me an Old Fart Traditionalist on this ;-) but I go along with
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?CreateNewPage

Problem: If a page exists without links into it from other pages, what
use is it?
Context: You want to create a new page in a wiki.
Solution: Mention the new page as a WikiLink on an existing page. It
will show up as an unresolved link. Click that link. Hooray! The new
page gets created.

Of course we do it the other ways all the time, though, don't we ;-)
After all, the original wiki didn't have [{ReferringPagesPlugin}]
which is, I suppose (most frequently) how we get away with making
pages without explicit incoming links.

--
This email is [X]bloggable [ ]ask-first [ ]private

Mike Morris
http://mikro2nd.net/
EarthStuff: http://mikro2nd.net/blog/planb/
TechStuff: http://mikro2nd.net/blog/mike/

Posted by "lgilardoni61@gmail.com" <lg...@gmail.com>.
Similar - just a bit more elaborate:

<%
String val = "Name Here!";
String query = request.getParameter("query");
if (query == null) query="value='"+val+"'"; else query="value="+query;
%>
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
<!--
function checkNameHere() {
     var pageName = document.newPage.page;
     if ( pageName == undefined || pageName.value == "<%=val%>") {
     alert("Please specify a page name in the box at the right at the
button!");
     return (false);
     } else return (true);
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>
<form action="<wiki:Variable var="baseURL"/>Edit.jsp"
accept-charset="<wiki:ContentEncoding />"
     name="newPage" onsubmit="return checkNameHere();">
<input type="submit" name="action" value="New Page"/>
<input type="text" name="page" size="11" <%=query%>
     onblur="if( this.value == '' ) { this.value = this.defaultValue };
return true; "
         onfocus="if( this.value == this.defaultValue ) { this.value =
''}; return true; "
     />

Re: JSPWiki - new Page

Posted by Foster Schucker <Fo...@Schucker.org>.