Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Richard Walsh <rm...@hotmail.com> on 2009/01/14 22:50:00 UTC

Embed JAX-WS WebService into Axis2 (avoiding any wsimport code gen)

Hi,

This may be an unusual question.

Currently here is what I have to do:

Select Java Class using a wizard. Generate the WSDL from the operations
in the Class. Then Generate the JAX-WS Endpoints using wsimport. Then
Automatically Generate a Class that Implements the Stub and Implement
business logic for the Implementation Methods (this for us is easy).
Then Deploy the JAX-WS Endpoint using Endpoint.publish(...)

I would like to Dynmaically Add a Web Service to Axis2 - without generating the JAX-WS Enpoints.

Axis2 must generate some internal model for the WS once the Endpoint is published (using Endpoint.publish(javaclass)).

I would like to know what I would have to do in order to build this model myself in Axis2. Reason is that we want to automatically generate web service endpoints from java apis and deploy them dynamically in a way that would not require us to work with wsimport etc. I have read some stuff about MessageReviever - but I am only starting to read about this now.

Anyone ever done this or can anyone point me in the right direction. I am about to start digging through the Axis2 source code now, but would appreciate any help on this.

thanks,
Richie.

What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/default.aspx