Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jemos Infra <je...@googlemail.com> on 2010/06/07 00:21:14 UTC

Maven 3 tests

Hi all,

I'm working on the Maven 3 branch created today by Olivier Lamy

[email quote]
stuff is here :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/maven-3/branches/guice-support/

Thanks !
[/email quote]

This branch is supposed to have the Maven 3 version which uses Guice
instead of Plexus (actually still uses Plexus to startup but the wiring
is done by Guice).

I noticed that from this branch the tests are still in Junit 3. Would it
be ok to move those to TestNG (preferred) or Junit 4? I could do some
work on these if you like.

M.

Re: Maven 3 tests

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 7 June 2010 06:21, Jemos Infra <je...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on the Maven 3 branch created today by Olivier Lamy
>
> [email quote]
> stuff is here :
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/maven-3/branches/guice-support/
>
> Thanks !
> [/email quote]
>
> This branch is supposed to have the Maven 3 version which uses Guice
> instead of Plexus (actually still uses Plexus to startup but the wiring
> is done by Guice).

^ no, it uses Guice as the container for startup *and* wiring

the only Plexus pieces left in that branch are Classworlds
(for plugin isolation) and some shared / utility components

I noticed that from this branch the tests are still in Junit 3. Would it
> be ok to move those to TestNG (preferred) or Junit 4? I could do some
> work on these if you like.
>
> M.

Cheers, Stuart