Posted to user@struts.apache.org by vi...@accenture.com on 2009/03/04 10:21:40 UTC

Retrieving the values from list

Hi,

            I am setting the values retrieved from DB into a list
"sessionListDefects" in my Action class as shown below:

try

            {

                  DefectDelegate defectDelegate = new DefectDelegate();

                  sessionListDefects = defectDelegate.findDefect();

                  for (Iterator iterator = sessionListDefects.iterator();
iterator.hasNext();) {

                        DefectDTO defectDTO = (DefectDTO) iterator.next();

                        System.out.println("defectDTO.getDefectNo :
"+defectDTO.getDefectNo());

                        System.out.println("defectDTO.getProject :
"+defectDTO.getProject());

                  }

                  session.put(WebConstants.SESSION_LIST_DEFECTS,
sessionListDefects);

            }

            But I am not able to print the values from the list using the
iterator in JSP:

<s:iterator id="sessionListDefects" value="#session['sessionListDefects']">

                                                </s:iterator>

            Please let me know the right syntax.

Best Regards,

Vikram

Re: Retrieving the values from list

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Martin Gainty wrote:
> also as Patrick points out in his comment on Iteration Tags, the '[n]' notation refers to a sub-stack beginning at position n
> http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/iterator-tag-examples.html
> your reference to fu[bar]
> tries to resolve bar to a number and display what is located at stack position fu[barIntegerValue]

Unless fu is a collection or map. [n] only refers to (stack-n entries)
when it stands on its own.

Dave

RE: Retrieving the values from list

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Not understanding why you would not to display #session.sessionListDefects
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/accessing-application-session-request-objects.html

also as Patrick points out in his comment on Iteration Tags, the '[n]' notation refers to a sub-stack beginning at position n
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/iterator-tag-examples.html
your reference to fu[bar]
tries to resolve bar to a number and display what is located at stack position fu[barIntegerValue]

does your ActionForm implement SessionAware interface as earlier suggested
implements SessionAware
?
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Subject: Retrieving the values from list
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:51:40 +0530
From: vikram.g.byali@accenture.com
To: user@struts.apache.org

[...]

value="defectNo"/></td>

value="project"/></td>

                                                </s:iterator>

            Please let me know the right syntax.

Best Regards,

Vikram

Windows Live™ Groups: Create an online spot for your favorite groups to meet.
http://windowslive.com/online/groups?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_groups_032009