Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aleksandras Skrynikovas <al...@idega.com> on 2008/01/11 13:43:06 UTC

Release plugin for multiple projects with dependencyManagement in parent pom.xml

Hi, I've browsed the mailing list for a solution but there doesn't
seem to be a clear cut answer.

Problem: in my app many projects depend on a single parent which uses
dependencyManagement to keep
module versions nice and tidy. When releasing some project with the
release plugin, I have to update the
version of that project in the dependencyManagement element of the
parent pom as I understand,
which leads to a new version of the parent itself, but how can I
avoid having to manually increment the parent version
in all child poms?

I've read in a couple of places that the release plugin somehow
handles this but haven't been able to find any documentation
of explanation. If there is no pretty solution, what could be the
most viable workaround?

-Alex