Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/07 07:27:33 UTC

New Xindice Admin

All,

I have been working on a new interactive command line interface for Xindice
that is similar to the MySQL command line interface.  The framework is
pretty close to adding to CVS (or at least the scratchpad).  Before I get
too much work done, I'm wondering if it should be based on a specific access
layer (currently XML-RPC), or if it should be XML:DB, or configurable.
Thoughts?

Kurt

Re: New Xindice Admin

Posted by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com>.
It's in the scratchpad.  There is no Ant build for it and there are several
flaws at the moment, for example
as a quick hack to get it talking to the database, each command is creating
it's own XML-RPC client.  Most of the commands are empty and do nothing but
echo the command until we figure out which access method would be best.
There is a built in script runner that will execute script files along with
a test script (test.scr).

Kurt

Posted by Kevin Ross <Ke...@iVerticalLeap.com>.
how about:

/src/java/ui.eclipse?

--Kevin

Re: New Xindice Admin

Posted by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@bossicard.com>.

--
Vladimir R. Bossicard
www.bossicard.com

RE: New Xindice Admin

Posted by Kevin Ross <Ke...@iVerticalLeap.com>.
I'm also planning on committing the Eclipse UI somewhere, but haven't
looked into this yet.  I still have to submit a formal request for the
donation to the very willing Rosi-Schwartz(s).

Any thoughts on location?

This will have particular dependencies outside the realm of our usual
java development.

-Kevin

Re: New Xindice Admin

Posted by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@bossicard.com>.