Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by venkat <ve...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/22 08:57:06 UTC

adding swing Jframe inside Wicket webpage

Hi ,

In my application, am using one open source tool to compare xml documents,
this tool returns JtextPanes as a result , right now am putting these text
panes in a Jframe and displaying Jframe. Now i want to show this Jframe
inside wicket response page. is there any way I can put swing compoent
inside any wicket container and set reponse page as this.

I would appreciate quick response.

Re: adding swing Jframe inside Wicket webpage

Posted by Marc Nuri San FĂ©lix <ma...@marcnuri.com>.
Hi
I believe there are two solutions for your question:

   1. You could do this with an Applet, and place it in a Page.
   2. One other solution could be to set the content type of the JTextPane
   to "text/html", get the content with getText() and display it using a
   WebMarkupContainer or similar Component.

I think you should reconsider the libary you are using to compare the
documents, or see what the library is doing so that you can avoid the use
of the JTextPane.

Cheers
--
Marc Nuri