Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by sbalustar <sb...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/22 01:21:28 UTC

Active MQ Stomp Performance

Hi,

  I am doing some performance analysis on Ative MQ Stomp Client with SSL and
Non SSL connections. I have published one lakh  messages of lenghth 1 Kb
each to the broker using Jmeter.

 Later on started the execution of my stomp client and below are my analysis
results.

  1) Non SSL Connection took 100 secs to consume one Lakh messages. (1000
per sec)
  2) SSL Connection took 16 secs to  consume one Lakh messages. (6250 per
sec )

Generally ,  Non SSL would be faster than SSL , but in my case  my Stomp
Java Client Consumes more messages in SSL.

Please let me know what could be  the reason for this.

My Sample Client Code looks like this

*connection.subscribe(NotificationConstants.TOPIC_NAME_3kb,
Subscribe.AckModeValues.CLIENT);
			startTime=Calendar.getInstance().getTimeInMillis();
			while(isAvailable){

				try{
					StompFrame message= connection.receive(1000);
					connection.ack(message.getHeaders().get("message-id"));
				} catch (SocketTimeoutException e) {
					endTime=Calendar.getInstance().getTimeInMillis();
					isAvailable=false;

				}
			}
		}catch (Exception e1) {

			e1.printStackTrace();
			System.out.println("Problem Occured while Consuming the
notifications....");
		}*