Posted to user@river.apache.org by Girbea Alina <al...@unitbv.ro> on 2012/01/12 19:17:30 UTC

Problem starting the reggie service

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the most basic Jini application, but I haven't
gone very far.
First I've started the Jini HTTP server using the following command
line:

        java -jar tools.jar -dir D:\jini\apache-river-2.1.2-bin\lib-dl

Now I'm trying to start the reggie lookup service on this server,
using the following command line (first I'm trying to start everything
on the same machine):

       java -jar D:\jini\apache-river-2.1.2-bin\lib\reggie.jar
http:\\localhost:8080\reggie-dl.jar D:\policy.all D:\tmp\reggie_log
public

Unfortunately, I get the following error message: "Failed to load
Main-Class manifest attribute from:
D:\jini\apache-river-2.1.2-bin\lib\reggie.jar"
I've tried this both with version 2.2.0 and 2.1.2 and I get the same
error messgae. Furthermore, I've looked into the source code classes
of reggie, but I couldn't find any main function in any of the
classes.
How can I solve this issue?
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Girbea Alina

Re: Problem starting the reggie service

Posted by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Girbea,

I'm sorry you're still having trouble starting reggie.  Can you please
look at Dan's response[1] and answer the questions in it?

Thanks,

Tom

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/river-user/201201.mbox/%3cCAMPUXz8iCRgLHxZErT-d4JRRhWi4hRFBZ5oShYFEQKxgDk7QsQ@mail.gmail.com%3e