Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by xieling <xi...@izptec.com> on 2012/03/21 10:57:26 UTC

which performed the best/fastest, except C/C++?

Hi everyone,

I write a python script(as thrift client) to test my thrift server, and found that a client in C++ completed about 20K RPC calls in 1s, while another client in python just completed 6K!

Is there any performance test among the script-languages as thrift clients?
Can anyone tell me which performed the best/fastest, except C/C++?

Thank you very much!

Xie Ling
IZP Technology

Re: RE: which performed the best/fastest, except C/C++?

Posted by xieling <xi...@izptec.com>.
Hi,

I'm sorry, I just mean the CLIENT side, not server: which client, write in various script languages, performed the best/fastest, except C/C++, given just one thrift server, e.g TNonblockingServer?

Xie Ling
IZP Technology

From: Alex Parenteau
Date: 2012-03-21 23:51
To: user
Subject: RE: which performed the best/fastest, except C/C++?
Hi,

That's a bit vague, given how many combinations are possible to write a thrift server, even given the same language.

In my experience the fastest Thrift server I've seen was with python+greenlets.

I too be interested to see a regular benchmark about some of the popular thrift servers.

alex