Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Watkins <ja...@flare-dvd.com> on 2003/07/01 14:25:05 UTC

External style sheets and tiles.

Is it possible to define a link to an external style sheet using <html:link>
(or something similar)?
I am using tiles and I have a base layout which contains the <HEAD></HEAD>
part of each page.  Since my link to the style sheet must go inside
<HEAD></HEAD>, I will need to have the URL dynamically generated.
How doable is this using my current tiles config?
Will I need to define a layout for every level of the directory structure
and use manual relative links?
Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Ta,
Watto.

DISCLAIMER: This message contains confidential information and is intended
for To: and Cc: (name). If you are not the intended recipient you are
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. E-mail
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete,
or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result
of e-mail transmission. The content of this e-mail does not necessarily
represent the company, its policies, or views, or those of its subsidiaries.
Please note that M2 Limited monitors incoming and outgoing mail for
compliance with its email policy. This includes scanning incoming emails to
detect Viruses.

Re: External style sheets and tiles.

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
Struts <html:link> and HTML <link> tags are confusing.

In your layout, you can use this :

<link
    rel="stylesheet"
    type="text/css"
    href="<html:rewrite page="/styles/main.css"/>" />

it use <html:rewrite> to build the absolute path to your css stylesheet.

Nico.