Posted to user@ant.apache.org by To...@smartstream-md.com on 2003/02/20 11:52:47 UTC

Ant & PVCS have no idea why my script wont work

I have two NT machines
On one machine we have PVCS set up the path is :

Q:\WebConnect\archives\Sandbox\{My two archived files}

On my other machine I have my working directory where I want to get the
files out to :
C:\work\WebConnect\SandBox\SecondProject\person.

Here is the latest version of my non working  script :

<project name="SecondProject" default="getFromPVCS">
<--I was told that repository address must have double\\-->
<property name = "repository" location="Q:
\\WebConnect\\archives\\Sandbox"/>
<property name = "workspace" location="C:
\work\WebConnect\SandBox\SecondProject\person"/>

<target name="getFromPVCS">
    <!-- Get latest files from PVCS -->
    <pvcs repository="${repository}" pvcsproject="/" workspace="
${workspace}"/>
 </target>
</project>

Error Message is as follows:
getFromPVCS:
     [pvcs] class Pvcs : execute() Set Repository: Q:
\WebConnect\archives\Sandbox
     [pvcs] class Pvcs : execute() Set Pvcsproject: /
     [pvcs] Executing 'pcli' with arguments:
     [pvcs] 'lvf'
     [pvcs] '-z'
     [pvcs] '-aw'
     [pvcs] '-spC:\work\WebConnect\SandBox\SecondProject\person'
     [pvcs] '-prQ:\WebConnect\archives\Sandbox'
     [pvcs] '/'
     [pvcs]
     [pvcs] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
     [pvcs] not part of the command.

All I need to know is, is the script ok, if it is then the problem must be
in the mapping from my machine to Q: and although I can use PVCS, there
must be a problem with the setup that ant is using.

Cheers and Thanks for any Help Tony