Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2011/12/07 09:58:18 UTC

Win32 apr-util's crypto, cprypto_nss and crypto_openssl now works

Hi,

Fixed the 1.4.x branch win32 crypto API and modules
(Mostly by adding missing build files and one API bug)
They can now compile using Mozilla's xulrunner SDK and any OpenSSSL SDK.

We could reconsider re-tagging 1.4.0 (or just making 1.4.1)

Regards
--
^TM

Re: Win32 apr-util's crypto, cprypto_nss and crypto_openssl now works

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.
On Wednesday 07 December 2011, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 7 Dec 2011, at 13:54, Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de> wrote:
> > I've got a report that apr-util/ldap 1.3.12 does not build on
> > Debian unstable currently, presumably due to toolchain changes.
> > If you wait another 6 hours or so, I could check if that also
> > affects 1.4, and see if I can fix it for 1.4.1.
>
> Cool, will wait for later tonight.

False alarm, it works ok with 1.4.0. Bojan has already fixed that
issue in r1154889.

Cheers,
Stefan

Re: Win32 apr-util's crypto, cprypto_nss and crypto_openssl now works

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
On 7 Dec 2011, at 13:54, Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de> wrote:

> I've got a report that apr-util/ldap 1.3.12 does not build on Debian unstable currently, presumably due to toolchain changes. If you wait another 6 hours or so, I could check if that also affects 1.4, and see if I can fix it for 1.4.1.

Cool, will wait for later tonight.

Regards,
Graham

Re: Win32 apr-util's crypto, cprypto_nss and crypto_openssl now works

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:
> On 7 Dec 2011, at 08:58, Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Fixed the 1.4.x branch win32 crypto API and modules
>> (Mostly by adding missing build files and one API bug)
>> They can now compile using Mozilla's xulrunner SDK and any OpenSSSL SDK.
>>
>> We could reconsider re-tagging 1.4.0 (or just making 1.4.1)
>
> Happy to just retag 1.4.0, if no objections will do so later this afternoon.

There already is a 1.4.0 (unreleased).  Just add an appropriate
CHANGES entry for 1.4.1 to note that the build of these features was
fixed for Windows, update STATUS to mark 1.4.0 as unreleased (should
be some examples of that already in other apr* branches), and repeat
the process.

Re: Win32 apr-util's crypto, cprypto_nss and crypto_openssl now works

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.