Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk> on 2001/01/10 13:03:05 UTC

PCRE

http://www.apache.org/websrc/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/srclib/pcre/Makefile.in.d
iff?r1=1.10&r2=1.11

This breaks the build on my system (FreeBSD 4.1.1 after a cvs update,
buildconf, configure, make clean, make).  Backing out the change gets it
building again????

david

Re: PCRE

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
David Reid wrote:

> http://www.apache.org/websrc/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/srclib/pcre/Makefile.in.d
> iff?r1=1.10&r2=1.11
>
> This breaks the build on my system (FreeBSD 4.1.1 after a cvs update,
> buildconf, configure, make clean, make).  Backing out the change gets it
> building again????

Weird. Are you using make or gmake? Using make on FreeBSD 3.2, without
that change chartables.c is not built.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

Re: PCRE

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net>.
Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net> writes:

> Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net> writes:
>
> > "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk> writes:
> >
> > > http://www.apache.org/websrc/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/srclib/pcre/Makefile.in.d
> > > iff?r1=1.10&r2=1.11
> > >
> > > This breaks the build on my system (FreeBSD 4.1.1 after a cvs update,
> > > buildconf, configure, make clean, make).  Backing out the change gets it
> > > building again????
> >
> > Backing out that change gets Tru64 building again too.
>
> and OS/390 as well...

and FreeBSD 3.4 as well (using native make, not gmake)...

I'm backing it out in just a sec...
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: PCRE

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 04:32:05PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net> writes:
>
> > "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk> writes:
> >
> > > http://www.apache.org/websrc/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/srclib/pcre/Makefile.in.d
> > > iff?r1=1.10&r2=1.11
> > >
> > > This breaks the build on my system (FreeBSD 4.1.1 after a cvs update,
> > > buildconf, configure, make clean, make).  Backing out the change gets it
> > > building again????
> >
> > Backing out that change gets Tru64 building again too.
>
> and OS/390 as well...
>
> > Maybe Ben can tell us more info about the change?  (why it failed for
> > him before the change)
>
> maybe if we back out the change he'll speak up :)

I'd suggest backing it out. It appears to break more than it fixes. It would
seem something funny was happening for Ben.

Was it possibly due to separate build/source directories?

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/