Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by lightbulb432 <ve...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/24 02:39:23 UTC

What to put in Linux filesystem for Tomcat?

What is the minimum set of folders and files needed for Tomcat to run on
Linux? I ask because if you dedicate a server for Tomcat and nothing else,
you must want to minimize the size of the filesystem, disable/delete all
extra services, and more to increase the performance and decrease memory
utilization of Linux, correct?

I'd like to put something together, but don't know where to begin. Do any of
you run Tomcat on a Linux machine that is dedicated only for Tomcat? If so,
could you please comment on what's necessary and what is extraneous to
Tomcat on Linux?

Potentially how small could you make your OS filesystem size, not including
the size of your WARs and the Tomcat JARs themselves?

I realize this might be leaning towards more of a Linux question than a
Tomcat question, but who knows Tomcat better than Tomcat users! Your help is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: What to put in Linux filesystem for Tomcat?

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Tomcat doesn't need anything but the JVM, but what the JVM needs, that's
another story :)

Filip

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.