Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by ejc <er...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/13 23:40:02 UTC

Possible bug

I wanted to run this past the list before submitting a bug.  I guess I've been
following the Lift list too long :-)

I checked out the latest ESME and built a package (I love the sbt integration!).
Deployed on tomcat to discover that display_single_message.js and pretty.js
did not load.  I have a context path of /esme and both files were
being looked for
in /scripts instead of /esme/scripts.  I found that index.html had this:

<script src="scripts/display_single_message.js" type="text/javascript"/>
<script src="scripts/pretty.js" type="text/javascript"/>

but every other occurrence had this:

<script src="../scripts/display_single_message.js" type="text/javascript"/>
<script src="../scripts/pretty.js" type="text/javascript"/>

The error didn't occur when running under jetty from sbt since the context root
is /

The fix was to change to this:

<script src="/scripts/display_single_message.js" type="text/javascript"/>
<script src="/scripts/pretty.js" type="text/javascript"/>

everywhere (except index.html) since they are loaded in the user page which
is one level down.

I'm wondering exactly how lift merges <head> elements since the
scripts/<filename>
in index.html should be different from
../scripts/<filename>
right?