Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Stevenson, Chris" <Ch...@DrKW.com> on 2005/10/24 17:06:11 UTC

[m2] Defining Custom Compiler in POM

Dear All,

Does anyone know how to specify a custom compiler in the pom of a project
that wishes to use it?

Am i correct in thinking that to make plexus/maven aware of a custom
compiler I need to:

a) Define a role/component in the components.xml of the compiler so that
plexus can find it?

<component-set>
  <components>
    <component>
      <role>org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.Compiler</role>
      <role-hint>mycustomcompiler</role-hint>
      <implementation>uk.co.blah.blah.compiler.CompilerImpl</implementation>

    </component>
  </components>
</component-set>

b) add a reference to my compiler as a dependency? (can Ijust add it as a
normal dep?)

c) tell maven to use my compiler instead of the defaul javac (this is the
real corker...)

Any help much appreciated.

Chris S

Chris Stevenson

Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein

http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/ or contact the sender. 3167

Re: [m2] Defining Custom Compiler in POM

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
1) put the components bit in components.xml for your compiler JAR
2) add your jar as a dependency within the compiler plugin element in build
3) add the compilerId configuration to the compiler plugin

So, untested, but something like this:

<plugin>
  <configuration>
    <compilerId>mycustomcompiler</compilerId>
  </configuration>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.mycompany</groupId>
      <artifactId>my-custom-compiler</artifactId>
      <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</plugin>