Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Darren Hoffman <da...@jnamics.com> on 2013/09/06 21:41:37 UTC

Smart Chinese Analyzer Performance

I am using the SmartChineseAnalyzer in v3.6 but accessing or instantiating
it for the first time takes 10 to 15 seconds before it does anything. I do
not see this huge delay with StandardAnalyzer.

Is it loading a cache? Is there someway to speed it up?

I am currently using Lucene 3.6 and am trying to upgrade to 4.4 but IntelliJ
does not currently support SPI services.

Does 4.4 offer substantial performance improvements that I should take the
time to upgrade and work around the IntelliJ shortfall?

Thanks,
Darren

Re: 答复: Smart Chinese Analyzer Performance

Posted by Darren Hoffman <da...@jnamics.com>.
Thanks for the advice!

Posted by "Oliver Xu (Aigine Co)" <ol...@aigine.com>.

Posted by Darren Hoffman <da...@jnamics.com>.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep pressing on then.

BTW, I'm not using solr; I am building an Android app.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.