Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Markus Demetz <ma...@demetz.eu> on 2012/02/15 21:52:10 UTC

Call a function after invocation but before jsp rendering

hi there,

my application uses struts2 (latest version), siles with JSP and hibernate.
what I am trying to do is to call a method after the action has been
executed, but before the JSP is getting rendered.

to be concrete, I want to call a createTitle() method which is common
for all my actions (extending BaseAction with a default implementation
of createTitle()), but when I use an Interceptor for that and call it
after the action invocation, the JSP has already been rendered. So my
question is, at which point is the JSP rendered? can I do something between?

since I want to be able to set the title according to eventual errors, I
cannot do that before the action invocation.

any suggestions?
thanks, markus

Re: Call a function after invocation but before jsp rendering

Posted by Jeffrey Black <je...@gmail.com>.
FWIW, the AnnotationWorklowInterceptor along with the @BeforeResult may be utilized.

struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/annotationworkflowinterceptor.html

Posted by Markus Demetz <ma...@demetz.eu>.

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.