Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/29 21:48:43 UTC

HBase vs. Cassandra: new article!

Hey there,

Thought you guys would be interested in a new blog article I've posted
entitled "HBase vs. Cassandra: NoSQL Battle!". I hope you all enjoy it
-- I can always use some feedback!
http://www.roadtofailure.com/2009/10/29/hbase-vs-cassandra-nosql-battle/

--
http://www.drawntoscaleconsulting.com - Scalability, Hadoop, HBase,
and Distributed Lucene Consulting

http://www.roadtofailure.com -- The Fringes of Scalability, Social
Media, and Computer Science

Re: HBase vs. Cassandra: new article!

Posted by Sal Fuentes <fu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for taking the time to contribute these corrections Jonathan. I
second Mr. Were's idea of perhaps having a wiki where we can host actual and
current facts as oppose to a blog post (that will hardly be updated as time
passes but will continue to perpetuate) about outdated and perhaps biased
descriptions/statements.

Perhaps this "comparison" should be hosted on wikipedia.org so that it won't
be perceived as subjective. Furthermore this should allow HBase devs and
users to contribute factual information as well. Lastly, this also has the
potential to contribute some healthy competition. I would be interested to
hear what you devs and users think about this as well.

--
Salvador Fuentes Jr.
323-540-4SAL

Re: HBase vs. Cassandra: new article!

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Were <ch...@gmail.com>.
Any chance of posting the factual errors publicly? Even in an abbreviated
form on the wiki under "common misconceptions" or similar would be useful.

Such a list would potentially be useful to new cassandra users and also
debunk myths that come about as a result of articles like this, or even
better, prevent them becoming myths in the first place.

Posted by Chris Were <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Goffinet <go...@digg.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
is this guy serious?  "Cassandra relies mostly on Key-Value pairs for
storage?"  news to me.

Posted by Chris Goffinet <go...@digg.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: HBase vs. Cassandra: new article!