Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Omar Bennani <ba...@yahoo.fr> on 2005/05/27 02:00:01 UTC

remote procedure returning an array of object

Hi all
I have to write a java client to send and receive an
array of object but there is no XSD type to use with
call.addParameter() and call.setReturnType()
how can i do ? some one has an example ? should I use
wsdl2java with my wsdl file? what i have to do after
that?
help please

Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vidéos !
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Re: remote procedure returning an array of object

Posted by Srinadh Karumuri <sk...@bbn.com>.
Try following the thread: 'returning arrays of custom java objects'

I had the same issue. I recommend you start with simple objects first.

The way I did was:
- Created server code to take couple of parameters and return an array of
java objects.
- Moved my classes to axis/WEB-INF/classes directory
- Added new service to server-config.wsdd file
- Checked the wsdl by typing the URL.
- Created the client code manually and read the array in.
- Watched the communication through SOAPMonitor

I didn't have to write the custom serializers as I used BeanSerializers.

Hope you a good start.

-Sri