Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/23 10:59:31 UTC

[ALL] Jenkins build nodes - use ubuntu label, not blank

When creating/updating a Jenkins job, please ensure that you choose
the nodes on which it is to run. Otherwise it may run on a host that
does not have a standard setup, causing odd failures.

To do this, ensure that you enable:
   "Restrict where this project can be run"
and enter the word: ubuntu

The ubuntu label is the default.
Replace as necessary to run e.g. on Windows.

Note that some job types don't have the setting, e.g. Matrix builds.
In such cases, use the appropriate method to restrict the build.

I think I have fixed all the normal Commons jobs to use ubuntu where
there was not already a label.