Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Kearns, Una" <un...@documentum.com> on 2000/07/08 05:06:54 UTC

Node Set functionality

Hi,

Sorry for posting to this list but I have looked through all documentation I
could find and I am wondering if someone could answer this quickly for me.

I have a named template that uses the java extension mechanism to execute
queries that return results as a DOM.   Within the named template, I can
access the returned tree using xpath no problem, but when I just return to
the calling template (i.e. call the named template within a variable
definition, and using xsl:copy-of in the named template) it is no longer
accessible to me as a nodelist

I noticed that a number of other XSLT implementations (XT, etc..) have
implemented a function called nodeset() that converts a tree to a nodelist -
I am guessing that somehow this is what I need to implement this type of
functionality.

Is there any workaround in Xalan for this that I may be missing or any
planned?

Thanks,
Una

Una Kearns