Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/21 15:59:41 UTC

Re: context-root in ear deployment plan

Hi, I think there are a few probs in your plan:

1. schema is outdated.
2. web-uri element is not allowed, should be web element.
3. there should be a / before test within the context-root element.

You can try change it to something like below -

<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.2">
  <dep:environment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
    <dep:moduleId>
      <dep:groupId>com.yourco</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>moduleid</dep:artifactId>
      <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
      <dep:type>car</dep:type>
    </dep:moduleId>
    <!---dependencies goes here -->
  </dep:environment>
<module>
    <web>testit.war</web>
    <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.2">
        <context-root>/test</context-root>
    </web-app>
  </module>
</application>

HTH

Lin

Re: login module & jdbc driver in ear

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Oct 28, 2008, at 2:02 AM, Marco Laponder wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wonder if it is possible to accomplish the following. I have an EAR
> (with a WAR) which I can deploy (after your help). The WAR needs a
> custom login module and this module needs a jDBC driver. Is it
> possible
> to embed the login module JAR, the jDBC driver JAR and the loginmoudle
> configuration within the EAR ? Or should I install the jDBC driver and
> login module first into the Geronimo repository ?

Everything in the ear should work fine.  I'd put everything in lib/
inside the ear so you don't have to try to figure out how to make
manifest classpath work inside an ear.

david jencks