Posted to user@struts.apache.org by david chan <da...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/19 16:03:40 UTC

why upload time out?

Hi,

 My environment: Websphere 4.0.5 AIX, Struts 1.1 RC1

 I am using uploadaction example from Struts 1.1 RC1
for upload some small files (around 60kb) one each
time, each day about 70 files use this uploadaction.
 Sometimes there are exception (about 6 per day) when
user click the upload button, and I don't know why,
any idea? here is the exception:

==2003-05-19
09:44:29,731[Servlet.Engine.Transports:23] ERROR
org.apache.struts
.upload.CommonsMultipartRequestHandler java.?  -
Failed to parse multipart request
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException:
Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. Read
timed out at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUpload.parseRequest(FileUpload.java(Compiled
Code))at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUpload.parseRequest(FileUpload.java(Compiled
Code)) at
org.apache.struts.upload.CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest
(CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.java(Compiled Code))
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java(Compiled
Code))
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.java(Compiled
Code))
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java(Compiled
Code))
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java(Compiled
Code))
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:520)