Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2012/04/10 10:37:42 UTC

I/O and extensibility.

> Perhaps, we should add an explicit unsetBase*ClassName(...) call.
>
> In future, it would be nice to give users the ability to easily register/unregister their RDF readers and writers making easy for third parties to add their own  serialization formats and/or parsers
> from native formats.
>
> Paolo

See

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jena/Scratch/AFS/Dev/trunk/src/main/java/projects/riot_reader/

and tell me what you think.

It's a complete replacement for reading models (and more) in Jena and
integrates filemanager-isms and Model.read.  It does proper HTTP conneg.

(anything {X}2.java) is a replacement for current {X}.java)

The current public API works -- Model.read, FileManager.get().read/load.
  FileManger like functionality is built into all read operations.

There is one reader implementation (RDFReaderRIOT) - it uses file
extension (and URL extensions), Accept: media type and the app-supplied
language name to decide what the syntax.

WebReader2 is a collection of functions to read triples/quads.  It's the
new front-door.

See WebReader2.addTripleSyntax/addQuadSyntax for extensibility.

WebReader2.wireIntoJena/resetJenaReaders are just for running with
existing Jena.

Langs.java is a class of many constants for mapping media types to
handlers.  None of this fixed RDFReaderFImpl stuff.

There are some misnamings - things have grown over time (e.g.
addTripleSyntax is a "add or replace").

	Andy

Re: I/O and extensibility.

Posted by Robert Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com>.
Yes that looks a lot more like what I was thinking of in my reply to Paolo's email

Looks good

Rob