Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Esa Heikkinen <es...@student.tut.fi> on 2018/01/26 11:15:09 UTC

Best active groups, forums or contacts for Spark ?

Hi

It is very often difficult to get answers of question about Spark in many forums.. Maybe they are inactive or my questions are too bad. I don't know, but does anyone know good active groups, forums or contacts other like this ?

Esa Heikkinen

Re: Best active groups, forums or contacts for Spark ?

Posted by Chandu <ch...@gmail.com>.
@Thanks Marco.
I have provided information in my original post (
http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/Spark-Standalone-Mode-application-runs-but-executor-is-killed-tc30739.html
<http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/Spark-Standalone-Mode-application-runs-but-executor-is-killed-tc30739.html>
) so as to keep the context of the ask for anyone looking for similar
information in future.

Re: Best active groups, forums or contacts for Spark ?

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
Hi
 From personal experience....and I might be asking u obvious question
1. Does it work in standalone (no cluster)
2. Can u break down app in pieces and try to see at which step the code
gets killed?
3. Have u had a look at spark gui to see if we executors go oom?

I might be oversimplifying what spark does. But if ur logic works
standalone and does not work in cluster....the cluster might b ur
problem..(apart from modules not being serializable)
If it breaks in no cluster mode then it's easier to debug
I am no way an expert, just talking from my little personal experience.
I m sure someone here can give more hints on how to debug properly a spark
app
Hth

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
Hi Esa,