Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/09/21 14:42:30 UTC

TRINIDAD-729

Hi guys,

I added a patch (and a comment) to TRINIDAD-729 (see [1]).
I am not sure if there is an issue with this fix/patch.
Do you mind to review it ?

Thanks!
Matthias

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-729

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: TRINIDAD-729

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
At the moment, this doesn't come up that commonly in the
Trinidad components.  But it could, if:
 -  We had an autosuggest component
 -  We supported autosubmit on any keypress in an input component,
     not just on tab-out

There's a separate queueing question that also comes up,
which is that currently, if you have nothing but autoSubmit fields,
and you change A, then B, then C, but we're still processing
A, you'd really like to join B+C in one submit, instead of separating
them into two.  For that, we really need an event queue (in addition
to our request queue.)  In theory, we could design the event
queue to address both problems (delivering two different
events together, collapsing duplicate events.)

-- Adam

Re: TRINIDAD-729

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: TRINIDAD-729

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
true,

Re: TRINIDAD-729

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
I agree - in this case, you really want to add a delay with a JS window
timeout that keeps getting rescheduled (e.g., on every tick of the
counter, window.clearTimeout() if the timeout exists, then call
window.setTimeout()).

Re: TRINIDAD-729

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Is this a good idea?