Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ola Ogunneye <OO...@adventisthealthcare.com> on 2003/12/29 22:36:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Setting up Apache in Windows 2000

Hello again all,

I have installed Apache 2.0.47 and it is working fine and the
installation took me to the default Apache webpage.

However, I am having problems browsing my webserver from any other
machine. I remember that the installation directed me to add a user for
Apache and I did not know how to do that. With the problem that I am
having, I am thinking that it is possible that the problem lies with the
User account that I was supposed to create.

Can someone running Apache 2.0.4x on windows 2000 advanced server help
me or direct me as to how to create such an account.

Thanks in advance..

Re: [users@httpd] Setting up Apache in Windows 2000

Posted by David <li...@netelsys.com>.
Unless you are running your own DNS internally, you will need to utilize the
IP address of the box the site is located from within you LAN.

This might account for your inability to access your site from other
machines within your network.