Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Frank Schaare <Lo...@gmx.de> on 2004/03/10 10:30:38 UTC

How to set the selected value in an select rendered by optionsCollection

 I´ve got this select rendered with data from my applicationwide
formularBean:

value="key"/>

 This renders a select like this:
<select ...>
 	<option>Mrs.</option>
 	<option>Mr.</option>
 	<option>Dr.</option>
 	.
 	.
</select>

 The formular fields in my JSP should be prefilled with data from my person
bean ("sb")
 which has a Title property, so sb.getTitle() returns 'Mr.' in this example.

 Is there any chance to tell the html:select renderer "hey, if sb.getTitle()
is = 'Mr.' write
  <select ...>
 	<option>Mrs.</option>
 	<option selectet>Mr.</option>
 	<option>Dr.</option>
 	.
 	.
 </select>" ???

 I tried this workaround:
value="key"/>

but it rendered:
<select ...>
 	<option>Mr.</option>
 	<option>Mrs.</option>
 	<option>Mr.</option>
 	<option>Dr.</option>
</select>

even if Validator returns to this page because of errors.

Do you have any solutions/suggestions/articels for me to solve this problem
?