Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Shakir Khan <sg...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/20 17:52:09 UTC

Configure Echart at local machine

Dear Sir
I am a Indian teacher working in the university and want to teach this
echart function customizing at local machine but not finding the right
steps to configure it at local PC. I already downloaded the src file (
https://echarts.apache.org/en/download.html) but still did not find the way
to configure it on the local machine.
https://echarts.apache.org/examples/en/editor.html?c=graph-force will show
them this at the local machine.
If you can provide me any link to follow the steps will be a great help.
--
Thanks & Kind Regards
Dr. Shakir Khan

Re: Configure Echart at local machine

Posted by Zhongxiang Wang <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi Shakir,

Do you mean you have downloaded the sources but do not know how to build them?

I'd suggest reading this tutorial 'Get Started with ECharts in 5 minutes' [1], in which you will be clear how to build the sources, install, and draw a simple chart.

As for the example you mentioned, after you built the sources, you could import the dist files from the `dist` folder as you need(we usually use the `echarts.js`[dev] or `echarts.min.js`[production], about the usages of other files, you can refer to [2]),
and then you can configure it according to the documentation which is available on [3].

Thanks.

[1] https://echarts.apache.org/en/tutorial.html#Get%20Started%20with%20ECharts%20in%205%20minutes
[2] https://echarts.apache.org/en/tutorial.html#Create%20Custom%20Build%20of%20ECharts
[3] https://echarts.apache.org/en/option.html