Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2008/08/09 21:46:27 UTC

Re: svn commit: r684311 - /lucene/solr/trunk/contrib/dataimporthandler/build.xml

: Adding java classpath to DataImportHandler tests. This should hopefully
: take care of the error in executing clover target in the nightly builds.

You beat me to it.  ... that does seem to cure the problem on my local
build, i've manually triggered a hudson build to pick up the changes.

BTW: No need to "hope", as a committer you have access to a clover license
for testing org.apache code so you can run the clover coverage reports
locally.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/donated-licenses/clover

-Hoss

Re: svn commit: r684311 - /lucene/solr/trunk/contrib/dataimporthandler/build.xml

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I see your point. It would be a pain to manage this for each contrib. Let me
: know if you want to tinker with it, else I can change the targets.

i thought i had it, but there are some other problems so i just put what i
have so far in SOLR-688.

In general it would be nice to cleanup the build files so that it's easy
to add contribs (there's a reason the lucene-java contrib build files are
setup the way they are)  but the problems are bigger then just that ...
solrj, the way "common" is built first, etc... it's a little confusing
(even without worrying about clover)

It will all get shaken out eventually ... having a few more contribs will
help spot the refactoring points.

-Hoss

Re: svn commit: r684311 - /lucene/solr/trunk/contrib/dataimporthandler/build.xml

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 2:13 AM, Chris Hostetter
<ho...@fucit.org>wrote:

> i'm testing it out now with clean-dest depending on clean-contrib, but
> this just illustrates again my concern about contribs generating files in
> their own directories ... it's why all of the lucene-java contribs put
> everything under build/contrib/${name}

I see your point. It would be a pain to manage this for each contrib. Let me
know if you want to tinker with it, else I can change the targets.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: svn commit: r684311 - /lucene/solr/trunk/contrib/dataimporthandler/build.xml

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: : Some more changes will be needed. The clover report does not contain any of
: : the DataImportHandler classes. I'll try it out locally.

reading through the logs, i think the problem is that "clean-dest" doesn't
know to remove any of the .class files from the contribs, so they don't
get recompiled with instrumentation.

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Some more changes will be needed. The clover report does not contain any of
: the DataImportHandler classes. I'll try it out locally.

weird .. i ahdn't noticed that before.

i wonder if the other thing i was trying at the time (moving the clover
properties into common-build.xml) was why i didn't see that ... i'm
testing thta patch now (but my machine is kinda slow).

-Hoss

Re: svn commit: r684311 - /lucene/solr/trunk/contrib/dataimporthandler/build.xml

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Some more changes will be needed. The clover report does not contain any of
the DataImportHandler classes. I'll try it out locally.

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 1:37 AM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar <
shalinmangar@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 1:16 AM, Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org
> > wrote:
>

>> : Adding java classpath to DataImportHandler tests. This should hopefully
>> : take care of the error in executing clover target in the nightly builds.
>>
>> You beat me to it.  ... that does seem to cure the problem on my local
>> build, i've manually triggered a hudson build to pick up the changes.
>

> Build successful finally :)
>

>> BTW: No need to "hope", as a committer you have access to a clover license
>> for testing org.apache code so you can run the clover coverage reports
>> locally.
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/donated-licenses/clover
>>

> I was not aware of this. Thanks!
>
> --
> Regards,
> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: svn commit: r684311 - /lucene/solr/trunk/contrib/dataimporthandler/build.xml

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.