Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Duane Hooton <dh...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/03 15:26:50 UTC

Blinky targets do not load

I am attempting to establish a newt environment on a MacBook running
Mojave. This is a new computer and only supports usb-c ports. I have
attached a newt nano2 through an adapter to one of these ports.

I have meticulously followed the steps to produce the Blinky app and
associated boot loader. Here is the output from newt target show:

targets/my_blinky_sim

    app=apps/blinky

    bsp=@apache-mynewt-core/hw/bsp/native

    build_profile=debug

targets/rbnano2_blinky

    app=apps/blinky

    bsp=@apache-mynewt-core/hw/bsp/rb-nano2

    build_profile=debug

targets/rbnano2_boot

    app=@apache-mynewt-core/apps/boot

    bsp=@apache-mynewt-core/hw/bsp/rb-nano2

    build_profile=optimized

The targets build successfully but when I attempt to load them I get the
following output:

newt load rbnano2_blinky -v

Load command:
/Users/dhooton/Documents/projects/proxy/blinky/repos/apache-mynewt-core/hw/bsp/rb-nano2/rb-nano2_download.sh
/Users/dhooton/Documents/projects/proxy/blinky/repos/apache-mynewt-core/hw/bsp/rb-nano2
bin/targets/rbnano2_blinky/app/apps/blinky/blinky

Environment:

* FEATURES=BASELIBC_PRESENT BSP_NRF52 CONSOLE_UART_BAUD CONSOLE_UART_DEV
CONSOLE_UART_FLOW_CONTROL FLASH_MAP_MAX_AREAS HAL_FLASH_VERIFY_BUF_SZ
I2C_0_FREQ_KHZ I2C_0_PIN_SCL I2C_0_PIN_SDA I2C_1_FREQ_KHZ MCU_DCDC_ENABLED
MCU_FLASH_MIN_WRITE_SIZE MCU_NRF52832 MSYS_1_BLOCK_COUNT MSYS_1_BLOCK_SIZE
NFC_PINS_AS_GPIO OS_CPUTIME_FREQ OS_CTX_SW_STACK_GUARD
OS_IDLE_TICKLESS_MS_MAX OS_IDLE_TICKLESS_MS_MIN OS_MAIN_STACK_SIZE
OS_MAIN_TASK_PRIO OS_SCHEDULING OS_SYSVIEW_TRACE_CALLOUT
OS_SYSVIEW_TRACE_EVENTQ OS_SYSVIEW_TRACE_MUTEX OS_SYSVIEW_TRACE_SEM
QSPI_FLASH_SECTOR_COUNT QSPI_PIN_CS QSPI_PIN_DIO0 QSPI_PIN_DIO1
QSPI_PIN_DIO2 QSPI_PIN_DIO3 QSPI_PIN_SCK SANITY_INTERVAL
SPI_0_MASTER_PIN_MISO SPI_0_MASTER_PIN_MOSI SPI_0_MASTER_PIN_SCK
SPI_0_SLAVE_PIN_MISO SPI_0_SLAVE_PIN_MOSI SPI_0_SLAVE_PIN_SCK
SPI_0_SLAVE_PIN_SS SPI_1_MASTER_PIN_MISO SPI_1_MASTER_PIN_MOSI
SPI_1_MASTER_PIN_SCK SPI_1_SLAVE_PIN_MISO SPI_1_SLAVE_PIN_MOSI
SPI_1_SLAVE_PIN_SCK SPI_1_SLAVE_PIN_SS SYSINIT_CONSTRAIN_INIT TIMER_0
UARTBB_0_PIN_RX UARTBB_0_PIN_TX UART_0 UART_0_PIN_CTS UART_0_PIN_RTS
UART_0_PIN_RX UART_0_PIN_TX UART_1_PIN_CTS UART_1_PIN_RTS WATCHDOG_INTERVAL
XTAL_32768

* FLASH_OFFSET=0x8000

* IMAGE_SLOT=0

*
CORE_PATH=/Users/dhooton/Documents/projects/proxy/blinky/repos/apache-mynewt-core

*
BSP_PATH=/Users/dhooton/Documents/projects/proxy/blinky/repos/apache-mynewt-core/hw/bsp/rb-nano2

* BIN_BASENAME=bin/targets/rbnano2_blinky/app/apps/blinky/blinky

Error:

Downloading bin/targets/rbnano2_blinky/app/apps/blinky/blinky.img to 0x8000

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

Info : auto-selecting first available session transport "swd". To override
use 'transport select <transport>'.

adapter speed: 10000 kHz

cortex_m reset_config sysresetreq

Info : CMSIS-DAP: SWD  Supported

Info : CMSIS-DAP: Interface Initialised (SWD)

Info : CMSIS-DAP: FW Version = 1.0

Info : SWCLK/TCK = 1 SWDIO/TMS = 1 TDI = 0 TDO = 0 nTRST = 0 nRESET = 1

Info : CMSIS-DAP: Interface ready

Info : reduce speed request: 10000kHz to 5000kHz maximum

Info : clock speed 10000 kHz

Info : SWD DPIDR 0x2ba01477

Info : nrf52.cpu: hardware has 6 breakpoints, 4 watchpoints

target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread

xPSR: 0x01000000 pc: 0xfffffffe msp: 0xfffffffc

.openocd_cmds:6: Error: invalid subcommand "write_image erase
bin/targets/rbnano2_blinky/app/apps/blinky/blinky.img 0x8000"

in procedure 'script'

at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 60

in procedure 'flash' called at file ".openocd_cmds", line 6

load - Load application image on to the board for <target-name>

Usage:

  newt load <target-name> [flags]

Flags:

      --extrajtagcmd string   Extra commands to send to JTAG software

Global Flags:

  -h, --help              Help for newt commands

  -j, --jobs int          Number of concurrent build jobs (default 8)

  -l, --loglevel string   Log level (default "WARN")

  -o, --outfile string    Filename to tee output to

  -q, --quiet             Be quiet; only display error output

  -s, --silent            Be silent; don't output anything

  -v, --verbose           Enable verbose output when executing commands

I have also tried the steps to remove write protection but without changing
the result. Any ideas on why the attempt to write/erase flash is failing?
It seems clear that I am communicating with the device.

Thanks!

--
“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” Alert
Einstein

Re: Blinky targets do not load

Posted by marko kiiskila <ma...@runtime.io>.
Hi Simon,

I have a source tree of openocd 0.10 with that capability.
And I have built versions for Linux/MacOS as well, although you probably
don’t want those.

Let me know if you want me to send the source tarball. I should be able
to generate a patch file out of it too.

Bummer that the binaries are not there anymore. I use openocd to flash nrf52
occasionally.

Posted by Aditi Hilbert <ad...@juul.com>.
The docs got updated yesterday with this. I tested using the —HEAD flag to install openocd and run Blinky on nRF52DK.

Aditi

Posted by Fabio Utzig <ut...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Ratner <si...@proxy.com>.

Posted by Fabio Utzig <ut...@apache.org>.