Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Oded Arbel <od...@m-wise.com> on 2006/02/16 19:05:15 UTC

BodyTagSupport not behaving ?

Hi list.

I'm writing a new tag which extends BodyTagSupport. I want to implement
doAfterBody() in order to write some output instead of the tag
(possibly after parsing what was already processed into the body - the
tag definition has <body-content>JSP</body-content>).

Now in my JSPx file, when I call it, if there is no actuall content
inside the tag (for example - just white soace) it is compiled by
tomcat 5.0.30 into a call to doStartTag() (whose return value is
discarded) and then a imediatly a call to doEndTag(), with out calls to
init body do doAfterBody().

Is that how it should be ? how can I make it call doAfterBody() even if
there is no actuall text in the body ?

also - even if there is something in the body of the tag, writing from
doAfterBody() into bodyContents does not appear on the page as it
rendered by tomcat - I failed to follow where is it discarded.

Thanks

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9611212 (204)
+972-54-7340014

::..
Maybe we can eventually make language a complete impediment to
understanding.