Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> on 2014/02/14 23:53:56 UTC

[DISCUSS] Targeting a 0.3.0-incubating release

Hello folks,

Given that our last release was in early December, 2013, it seems like a good time to target a new release. I believe most of the critical security related fixes have gone in and the few that remain in TEZ-669 could be targeted for a future release.

I have marked a few jiras that could be considered blockers for a 0.3.0 release to ensure good usability ( the list is open for discussion - feel free to add any other issues if you deem them to be blockers ):

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TEZ%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Blocker%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC

Once, these fixes go in, I can aim to make a release sometime next week.

Comments/concerns/suggestions?

thanks
-- Hitesh

Re: [DISCUSS] Targeting a 0.3.0-incubating release

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for clarifying, Hitesh.
I've been excited that Hive and Pig folks will catch up with Tez changes.

Thanks,
- Tsuyoshi

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: [DISCUSS] Targeting a 0.3.0-incubating release

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: [DISCUSS] Targeting a 0.3.0-incubating release

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Hi Tsuyoshi,

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Hi Tsuyoshi,

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: [DISCUSS] Targeting a 0.3.0-incubating release

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: [DISCUSS] Targeting a 0.3.0-incubating release

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Folks,

Just to be clear, I haven't called a vote yet :)

Looks like we have pretty much all of the blockers fixed. Thanks for all your contributions. I will go ahead and create a RC and call a vote soon barring any new blockers.

thanks
-- Hitesh

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Folks,

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lianhui Wang <li...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Gunther.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> +1. All outstanding blockers are resolved now.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [DISCUSS] Targeting a 0.3.0-incubating release

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Gunther.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> +1. All outstanding blockers are resolved now.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [DISCUSS] Targeting a 0.3.0-incubating release