Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2019/04/01 16:07:49 UTC

[VOTE] Uimaj 3.0.2 rc3

Hi, uimaj-3.0.2 rc3 is posted and ready for voting.

This RC removes the change for UIMA-5869 which is being deferred to a later release.

It also changed the version number back to 3.0.2 from 3.1.0.

Other changes from **rc1**:
===========================
The implementation of Subiterator was refactored and
corrected in several edge cases.  Just to give an idea: one of the edge cases
involved a coveredBy iteration, without type-priority, where the flag to skip
over the same begin/end/type annotations if found.  This had incorrectly assumed
these were at the beginning of the iteration, but in this case, you could have
multiple items, then skip over maybe multiple items which are equal (same
begin/end/type) to the bounding annotation, followed by more items.

With the subiterator fixed (there were some edge case bugs), I have run a large
system using v2 and v3, and compared the results, and found them to be the same.

The CasCompare routine, used in debugging differences between v2 and v3 output,
was improved to fix a bug in handling sorting of some collections, and to only
display root-causes of differences.  Note that the CasCompare routine is at this
point more or less for internal use; it needs more work for wider use.

The issues fixed are here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/UIMA/versions/12344592

The source and binary tars/zips are here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uv3/uimaj/3.0.2-rc3/artifacts/

The eclipse update subsite is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uv3/uimaj/3.0.2-rc3/eclipse-update-site-v3/

The maven staging repo is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1224/

The SVN tag: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/uimaj-v3/tags/uimaj-3.0.2/

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] [REDOING] Uimaj 3.0.2 rc3

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Redoing; forgot to change the jira fix version from 3.1.0 to 3.0.2...

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
For unknown reasons, the Jira issues fixed report seems to have failed.

Investigating... -Marshall