Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Mark Richman <MR...@Affinity.com> on 2005/04/25 21:15:11 UTC

log4net on .NET 2.0 Beta 2

Are there any issues running log4net on .NET 2.0 Beta 2? I'm using
log4net-1.2.0-beta8, and I'm trying to find the root cause of this error
on one server. I have an .asmx that invokes methods of a class library I
wrote, which uses log4net's EventLogAppender. Invoking methods of the
.asmx via web browser produces this error:

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type
'System.Diagnostics.EventLogPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(PermissionToken
permToken, CodeAccessPermission demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Int32
checkFrames, Int32 unrestrictedOverride)
   at
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()
   at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source, String
machineName)
   at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source)
   at <<My Class Library Here>>