Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com> on 2006/01/06 22:38:48 UTC

Re: What would cause ...

Jeff Duncan wrote:
> ...my Thunderbird mail client to catch more junk mail as spam than my SA
> server?  The SA threshold is set at 5.0, and the Thunderbird junk mail
> filters identify junk mail even with an SA hit of 0.  What can I do to
> fine tune so that the SA server catches these, anything?  How is it that
> thunderbird knows it's junk and SA ranks it with a 0 (sometimes)?

Have you been manually training SA using sa-learn?

By flipping the junk bits on and off in your client, you're effectively manually
training thunderbird.  But if you're not using sa-learn, the two aren't on very
equal footing.

> I am running SA 3.1.0 with  qmail.  I don't have any other add ons
> running with SA such as razor, etc.

I would strongly suggest at least installing perl's Net::DNS module so you can
get URIBLs and RBLs running.

Re: What would cause ...

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
http://www.rulesemporium.com/

Carefully select some rule sets that look like they'd be safe for your
installation. Install them with the RulesDuJour script or one of your
own devising. Watch the spam go poof into the night.

{^_^}