Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Wiesner <m....@topdesk.com> on 2009/06/05 15:20:46 UTC

Problems with Axis2/C & Rampart/C update

Hello,

we want to upgrade from Axis2/C 1.5.0 + Rampart/C 1.2.0 to Axis2/C 1.6.0
+ Rampart/C 1.3.0 (Windows). (amongst other things like memory leaks to
get rid of the problem described in my mail from 02.04.09
(http://marc.info/?l=axis-c-user&m=123866361818753&w=2).

So we compiled the new sources with Visual Studio 9 SP1, using the same
scripts we used for Rampart/C 1.2.0, which went rather smooth without
any errors. But afterwards we got problems with linking our appplication:

.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__rampart_config_set_ttl@12
.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__rampart_config_set_username@12
.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__rampart_config_set_password_type@12
.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__rampart_config_create@4
.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__rampart_config_free@8
.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__rampart_config_set_password@12

We then noticed was the the mod_rampart.dll was only 12KB big (Rampart
1.2.0 was 263KB).
We also noticed that a folder "lib" with "rampart.dll" was built. We
tried to replace "mod_rampart.dll" with it. Our application compiled and
linked fine afterwards, but when running it, it exited immediately.

We also tried it with the Binaries. In the end we had the same result.
And I noticed the Rampart/C 1.3.0 binary of mod_rampart.dll is 70KB big
(Rampart/C 1.2.0 had 328 KB!)

So we wonder, what is going wrong there? What has changed in the new
version with the build process, that we didn't consider?
Best regards,
Wiesner

Re: Problems with Axis2/C & Rampart/C update

Posted by Uthaiyashankar <sh...@wso2.com>.
> .obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__rampart_config_set_ttl@12
> .obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__rampart_config_set_username@12
> .obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__rampart_config_set_password_type@12
> .obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__rampart_config_create@4
> .obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__rampart_config_free@8
> .obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__rampart_config_set_password@12
>
> We then noticed was the the mod_rampart.dll was only 12KB big (Rampart 1.2.0
> was 263KB).

You have to change your application to be linked with rampart.lib (NOT
mod_rampart.lib). You should not remove rampart.dll in lib. See [1].

Regards,
Shankar

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/rampart-c-dev@ws.apache.org/msg00650.html

--