Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Johan Andersson <jo...@ymail.com> on 2008/08/07 15:33:27 UTC

Non-databinding service

Hello,
I recently started to investigate CXF in the hopes that it can replace my current Axis2-based architecture.

So far I like CXF alot, the clean api:s and the ease of writing java-first services and what I perceive to be very flexible deployment mechanisms.
I do however have some difficulties figuring out how to create a service with no databinding, just working with the raw xml document inside the soap:body.

The scenario I try to implement is one where the wsdl already exists (no need to create through reflection/annotations) and where the actual databinding need to take place in a different jvm than the one running CXF (the jvm running CXF will not have access to those classes).

So basically I would like to use CXF to accept my wsdl as is, do the heavy lifting in terms of handling the different ws-* specs (primarely addressing and security) and then give the raw XMLStreamReader (or even the InputStream) to the service(s) implementation.
I have experimented with writing some interceptors, custom invokers/executors etc but I get the feeling I'm missing something obvious as it seems like I have to replace half the interceptor chain and implement a custom version of everything just to pipe the stream through the stack.

If someone could point me to some example of a service working of the raw xml stream I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Johan

Ta semester! - sök efter resor hos Kelkoo.
Jämför pris på flygbiljetter och hotellrum här:
http://www.kelkoo.se/c-169901-resor-biljetter.html?partnerId=96914052

Re: Non-databinding service

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday 07 August 2008 12:21:10 pm Bharath Thippireddy wrote:
> You can also  use the JAX-WS Provider based implementations to handle the
> SOAP message directly.I am not sure if all the WS-* protocals are
> supported for this type of implementations yet by CXF .I know that
> WS-Addressing is not for sure.

Right, which is a pretty icky bug.   :-(   The idea was that you COULD use the
Provider<Source> stuff to do this, but it's not working right now.

Dan

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog