Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by yogesh palavalli <yo...@varros.com> on 2001/03/21 17:25:40 UTC

Java Exception while executing SOAP Client

Hello people,

I am getting this exception when I execute any soap client samples. This is
what I get

java samples.addressbook.GetAddress
http://localhost:8100/xml-soap/servlet/rpcrouter "John B. Good"
output was: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
samples/addressbook/GetAddress
class path is
CLASSPATH=d:\javafiles\xerces.jar;d:\javafiles\soap.jar;d:\javafiles\mail.ja
r;d:\javafiles\activation.jar;

AM I MISSING SOMETHING? this exception comes to all soap samples, so I
assume it is some setting problem, ANY help? IS it Java setting problem or
soap setting problem?

if you want more information, here it is

I have deployed the soap service using soap admin and it is as follows
-----begin info---

'urn:AddressFetcher' Service Deployment Descriptor

Property Details ID              urn:AddressFetcher

Scope Application Provider Type  java

Provider Class                   samples.addressbook.AddressBook

Use Static Class                 false

Methods                          getAddressFromName, addEntry,
getAllListings, putListings

Type Mappings                    [TypeMapping
encodingStyle=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/,

elementType=urn:xml-soap-address-demo:x:address,
                                  javaType=samples.addressbook.Address,

java2XMLClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer,

xml2JavaClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer]
                                 [eMapping
encodingStyle=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/,

elementType=urn:xml-soap-address-demo:x:phone,
                                  javaType=samples.addressbook.PhoneNumber,

java2XMLClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer,

xml2JavaClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer]

Default Mapping Registry Class  org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener

----end info------

when I try deploying from command line this is what I got

command: java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8100/xml-soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
DeploymentDescriptor.xml

output:  Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException:
faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:244)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClien
t.java:127)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java
:140)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:2
28)

does it help to find what is wrong?

need help on this, if you dont know at least point to some resource I can
find the solution, that will be great help to me.

thanks n Regards,
yogesh.
Varros Telecom
Addison TX 75001

RE: Java Exception while executing SOAP Client

Posted by Paul Duffy <pa...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Paul Duffy <pa...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Paul Duffy <pa...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Paul Duffy <pa...@cisco.com>.

install soap2.1 on websphere 3.5

Posted by liuhy <li...@yellnet.co.jp>.
I have installed apache-soap 2.1 on my machine.
os is Red Hat 6.2 and web server is IBM WebSphere 3.5.
I have done as WebSphere SOAP Installation Instructions
of  help document. but it doesn't work when I deploy it.
 there is http 500 error when I push any button of  List ,Deploy and
Un-deploy.
can you help me? Thank you.

install soap2.1 on websphere 3.5

Posted by yogesh palavalli <yo...@varros.com>.
sure I will write about the whole problem so that others (I guess there are
lot of people like me) can make use of it.

yogesh.

could you tell me if you solved the faultcode problem and how?

thanks
andrea

RE: Any one from Apache/SOAP group can you help us? -> Java Exception while executing SOAP Client

Posted by yogesh palavalli <yo...@varros.com>.
I will try thanks,
yogesh.

If you are using the 1.3.1 version of xerces, go back to version 1.2.3.
SOAP seems to have some problems with xerces 1.3.1.

Eugene

Posted by yogesh palavalli <yo...@varros.com>.
I will try thanks,

Posted by Eugene Huang <eu...@guppy.mpe.nus.edu.sg>.